Spies Hecker, an International color provider that is tops in its field, offers solutions for collision shops including assist with auto-body shop-floor programs. They have also partnered with DuPont in the United States never to only offer great paint solutions and equipment, but tools to help you make the most of the body shop.
You can download their brochure, Successfully Creating a New Body Shop from their website. This brochure not only offers great types of auto body shop-floor plans, it can help you determine the size of the building you may need predicated on your collision repair business plan. One basic example from Spies Hecker, found in their free brochure, is shown in the screenshot to the left (click to enlarge). The nice thing about the free brochure from Spies Hecker is that it offers more than one body shop-floor plan example. As an unbiased body shop owner, I have faced the task of designing a few floor programs for my auto body shop due to relocations every once in awhile.
Every building I relocated to do present a new challenge to produce the very best floor plan. Screenshot courtesy of Spies Hecker. Prudent body shop owners also know that lots of insurance adjusters telecommute from shop to look to approve and write quotes. To gain a better romantic relationship with your insurance adjusters, permit them to utilize a working space in your reception area (or even reserve an area) -they’ll like this much better than working in their vehicle.
1. Breakdown or Panel Area – This is where the automobile to be repaired has damaged parts removed and is done first always. Additionally it is the area in most auto body shops where parts are replaced and mechanical work is completed. A welding area should be contained in the breakdown area. 2. Prep Room – Prep rooms are where in fact the car is ready for the color room.
- Once logged in, click “+ Create Custom Feed” button
- Steps to make a Globalized WebsiteSteps to make a Globalized Website
- Microsoft Customers WILL REQUIRE An Advisor like Auto
- ‘How included am I going to be?’
- 21 Tips and Techniques for a Great Paint Job
- Identify opportunities and suggestions for activity in online systems
Sanding is a primary element of this area to ensure a quality finish on the ultimate paint job. 3. Paint – Your color booth area should be included, indicating no free-flow to other areas of the shop. Many shops are actually using waterborne color systems to reduce the exhaust of color fumes.
5. Wash Station – A wash area is essential so that customers obtain their vehicles in a cleaned, quality condition. NOTE: Your break down area ought to be the largest part of your car body shop-floor plan and should be easily accessed via the prep and end areas so proper parts substitute, welding, and mechanical work can be completed. Ordinarily a car may begin and end in the break down area before getting into the clean place. As a body-shop owner, I’ve found there are always a couple resources for designing your own floor plan.